Sunday, June 10, 2007

Last Sunday I drove from Walla Walla, Washington with Alban, his friend Kristin, and his roomate Phil, to worship at the Church of the Redeemer in Pendleton, Oregon where Alban has been serving as church organist. It was a very warm, welcoming, and happy experience. As you might imagine, the service was quite interactive including hymns to sing, responsive readings, times to stand up, times to kneel down, opportunities to "share peace"and an invitation to communion. Most in attendance were my age or older. It became apparent in conversation with them after the service that they had adopted Alban as "their son" and were in many ways accepting the role of spiritual parents. Kristin graciously helped me make my way through the service and lent me her camera to take these pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home